The procedure has several key benefits, including:
- Improved spinal stability
- Reduced pain after conditions are corrected
- Increased long-term mobility and activity levels for patients
Why Choose The Spine Center?
Houston spine surgeon Dr. Siddiqui has a wealth of experience treating all types of spinal conditions. He is committed to helping his patients achieve a higher quality of life, and he helps them do this through the use of the latest surgical spine solutions available.
You will always get full personal attention from the entire staff, and Dr. Siddiqui will always answer all your questions and educate you on all your treatment options to ensure your needs are met.
Call 1.866.MY.SPINE (697-7463) or CLICK HERE to schedule your appointment today!
How it Works
The following is a description of how the PLIF procedure works:
- An incision is made in the midline of the back
- Space is cleared for the nerve roots
- Portions of the disc that are pressing on the nerve roots are removed and replaced with an implant
- The bone graft, or anterior interbody cages, is inserted into the disc space to fuse the lumbar spine bones together
The only way to determine if you’re a PLIF candidate is to schedule a consultation at The Spine Center. Let Dr. Siddiqui and The Spine Center discover the source of your spinal pain and provide treatment options for reducing your pain. Call 1.866.MY.SPINE (697-7463) or CLICK HERE to schedule your appointment today!